In New Outlook, how do I get to create a message form User Templates in File System?

Anonymous
2023-04-21T11:14:18+00:00

Hello,

I have several standard message templates that I currently access from the Home ribbon by clicking New Items->More Items-Choose Form. In the Choose Form dialog I change Look in to User Templates in File System and I can choose the template I want.

How do I do the same in New Outlook?

Thanks,

Paul

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-01-16T04:44:01+00:00

    Hi,

    I know this doesn't answer the question; however, I have been using "Signatures" for my templates since the New Outlook doesn't allow for forms.

    The Insert "My Template" only allows for plain short text responses.

    I cut & paste my old forms into a signature.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-01-15T12:05:19+00:00

    Hi,

    Screenshots of how I use it now in old desktop Outlook:

    Thanks for all your comments.

    Paul

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-01-02T16:18:46+00:00

    Unfortunately this is for the old Outlook. Doesn't work in the New Outlook.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-10-21T11:47:18+00:00

    In New Mail --> Insert --> Apps --> My Templates

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-04-21T15:51:54+00:00

    HiPaul Murray2,

    Greetings!

    Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

    Based on the description you posted, it seems that you have an issue with MS Office wherein

    Let’s work together in finding the best solution to this issue.

    For me to better understand the issue, I’d like to ask a few questions:

    • What is the current build number of your Outlook program?

    • What is the current MS Office license you are using? (M365 for home and personal or M365 for business)

    • Have you already tried the same steps on finding the User templates option from your Old Outlook app to the New Outlook?

    In the meantime, we would like you to provide us with some answers first to the questions above. In order for us to provide you with a more accurate solution.

    We look forward to your reply,

    Sincerely

    Khou Sun

    Microsoft Community Moderator

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments