In New Outlook, how do I get to create a message form User Templates in File System?

Anonymous
2023-04-21T11:14:18+00:00

Hello,

I have several standard message templates that I currently access from the Home ribbon by clicking New Items->More Items-Choose Form. In the Choose Form dialog I change Look in to User Templates in File System and I can choose the template I want.

How do I do the same in New Outlook?

Thanks,

Paul

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-04-24T10:25:45+00:00

    Hi,

    Thanks for responding so quickly.

    The new Outlook is version: 1.2023.411.200 (Production). Client Version is 20230414002.05 .

    My licence is MS 365 Business Premium.

    In the previous version I could go:

    Then pick the required template.

    In the new version, none of it is there:

    Unless it has been moved. I have looked and searched for help on this, but am stuck.

    Best wishes,

    Paul

    Was this answer helpful?

    70+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-01-02T16:29:54+00:00

    I'm using the online version right now. Since the versions look a lot alike has anyone tried:

    1. Select New Mail
    2. Select Insert from the menu
    3. Select Apps

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-04-27T13:55:41+00:00

    I am having the same issue, in my old version of Outlook I created a choose form shortcut in my ribbon, I'm not finding this option in the new Outlook.

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-01-04T14:28:23+00:00

    Yea it sucks because the templates I use through "old" Outlook are technically what they call "forms," and we use them mainly because they will save attachements, subjects, and recipients. It really blows that they didn't include this feature in new Outlook, it's basically like they regressed the whole functionality.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-01-03T18:09:42+00:00

    I'm using the online version right now. Since the versions look a lot alike has anyone tried:

    1. Select New Mail
    2. Select Insert from the menu
    3. Select Apps

    Image

    While that is a help, and can be useful, it lacks the functionality of the old templates.

    For example:

    1. It cannot save the subject of the email
    2. It cannot save attachments
    3. it does not save recipients (the old templates saved any number of recipients CCed or main)

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments