Using Classic Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
Click on "more apps" where? I don't see more apps anywhere. please be specific. thank you.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I prefer the look and productivity of the old version of tasks with red flags and easy overview. The new one is not as clear and intuitive. How do I revert it back to that. Hint, I didn't opt in for the new outlook look, so the button on the top right corner already says off for the new version, but my to do list decided to switch anyway - very annoying. Please help me figure it out.
Many thanks!
Using Classic Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Click on "more apps" where? I don't see more apps anywhere. please be specific. thank you.
In MS Outlook, click on File > Options. Once the Outlook Options screen comes up, click Tasks on the left hand side, under Task Options, I had to uncheck "Open tasks in the To Do app". After unchecking it, click "Ok" to close out the Outlook Options screen. Once I did the other I mentiond, now my task have gone back to opening up in the old Task View instead of opening up in the "To Do" App.
Thank you John. I'm back! As usual, Microsoft developers who never actually work like the rest of us, decided to add a feature nobody asked for and that is clunky, hard to use and completely unnecessary. I guess it's too much to ask that after 40 years they learn that less is more. <sigh>
I tried the "new" version of Outlook, and it's a complete NIGHTMARE! I went back but my fear is that it will get forced on us. It's stunning how unconscious the company is about what we, the users, actually want and need. They just can't it leave alone. It's what I call job protection. Invent **** we don't need to keep their jobs. Perfection is the enemy of the good.
Thanks, Josh. So, followed these steps and the tasks open in the old style - if I open them directly from the task tab.
If I open them from the reminder window, they open in the new format.
What the heck?! Anyone have this happening?
Make sure that you don't have under Options > Tasks > "Open tasks in the To Do app" check as well.