Using Classic Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
Yes, this worked. In Outlook just go to File, Options, Tasks, and uncheck the box for "Open new Tasks in the To Do App".
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I prefer the look and productivity of the old version of tasks with red flags and easy overview. The new one is not as clear and intuitive. How do I revert it back to that. Hint, I didn't opt in for the new outlook look, so the button on the top right corner already says off for the new version, but my to do list decided to switch anyway - very annoying. Please help me figure it out.
Many thanks!
Using Classic Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Yes, this worked. In Outlook just go to File, Options, Tasks, and uncheck the box for "Open new Tasks in the To Do App".
This worked perfectly! Thanks! The new version of To-Do is practically useless. The classic task list is so much more rich and productive. What was MS thinking with the new To-Do?
Same! I can't locate the 'More Apps' button on the Navigation bar.
The new To Do apps is really terrible. I had extensive formatted notes (i.e. list of subtasks in tables) for my items in my To-Do list
When I unchecked the box in File -> Options -> Tasks for "Open tasks in To Do app" all the tables are gone and the text is run together. Putting everything back in order will take weeks. Thanks Microsoft for ruining my day!!!!!
What happened to my Completed Tasks?
It looks like all my Completed tasks are gone!!!!!
So now if I have to repeat something I did a while ago, (not a recurring task, often was a one-off sort of thing) I don't have my notes on how to do it and the steps to follow.
Microsoft products are becoming a hinderance to getting work done. Too many hover-overs, pop-ups, trying to be helpful and ending up being destructive. I touch type very fast and prefer not to touch the mouse (instead use short cut keys) so often don't look at the screen while typing (look at some other document or page) and I find Microsoft products highlight things and they get deleted while I'm not looing or change spelling to something nonsensical (lots of acronyms get "corrected" even when all CAPS).
I found another way as well, if you look on the left had side.
There is a square with four squares inside of it called more apps.
Inside if it is the old tasks manager that I personally love.
I then right clicked on it and hit pin.
Now I'm back in action like it never changed.