Spam in hotmail account 2022

Anonymous
2022-11-23T20:14:58+00:00

The junk e-mail filter does not appear to be working since the start of 2022. It’s like the full filtering has been turned off overnight. Junk that was normally not in my inbox is now coming in at dozens a day. I can’t seem to find a setting for filtering strictness in the settings either. Does anyone know what changed since 2022? I am seriously considering closing my account that I have been using since 1993.

Online descriptions of issues say that i can work with automatic filtering - my hotmail outlook doesnt even have a ribbon anymore! Can anyone help me? I cant keep blocking individually or using yhe blocked senders function because if the randomly generated domain names with each junk email.

Isthere away of only letting through safe senders?

Outlook | Outlook for mobile | Outlook for Android | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-02-21T12:44:07+00:00

    I've been reporting this since the beginning of February.

    It got worse the last couple days.

    The "sign in, was this you" started yesterday.

    Not once did I get a reply from them until this morning.

    Trying to find how to report issues to them is beyond difficult - almost as if they don't want us to tell them how **** they are...

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-02-21T13:00:51+00:00

    I also quit getting them yesterday evening. I sent a bunch back to my junk folder and blocked some, but then quit getting them all and they started appearing in junk again. I don't understand why either happened, but at least it stopped.

    I don't get any suspicious sign in emails though.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-02-21T19:03:36+00:00

    I recently gave my Hotmail address to RayBan in exchange for a measly 10% off online. I'm not saying they sold my details to some kind of spamming company but suddenly I started getting 30 or 40 emails a day from weird addresses telling me I had been hacked or I had won stuff like an air fryer or a free muffler (we call them exhaust pipes in the UK). Anyway I was sending them all to junk on my iPhone mail app but they kept coming. Eventually I realised : How could Apple have the power to stop emails coming to my Hotmail? I started using the Outlook app to send them to junk within Hotmail and hey presto, they have finally stopped coming. Hope this info helps someone else out there.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-02-21T20:47:39+00:00

    I'm using hotmail via the Outlook app and Hotmail via Outlook Email on my laptop. I get loads of phishing emails in my junk folder, and like a lot of us since November 2022, a lot of it in our inboxes.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-02-24T15:16:15+00:00

    I'm having same issue - suddenly one day all the emails that were previously going to junk suddenly came to my inbox. Every day i'm reporting junk to numerous emails since.

    I've gone to Microsoft page for herlp and tried to follow instructions to change auto filter but there is no option under 'delete' like they say there is and look in all settings and options- no sign of this 'autofiltering' option...

    Since change i layout- has instructions not been updated?

    Has anyone found this 'auto filter'?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments