Spam in hotmail account 2022

Anonymous
2022-11-23T20:14:58+00:00

The junk e-mail filter does not appear to be working since the start of 2022. It’s like the full filtering has been turned off overnight. Junk that was normally not in my inbox is now coming in at dozens a day. I can’t seem to find a setting for filtering strictness in the settings either. Does anyone know what changed since 2022? I am seriously considering closing my account that I have been using since 1993.

Online descriptions of issues say that i can work with automatic filtering - my hotmail outlook doesnt even have a ribbon anymore! Can anyone help me? I cant keep blocking individually or using yhe blocked senders function because if the randomly generated domain names with each junk email.

Isthere away of only letting through safe senders?

Outlook | Outlook for mobile | Outlook for Android | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-02-18T17:51:08+00:00

    Sadly, that link goes to a page that is no longer there, which explains why I can't find that setting anywhere. This is insane spam is making my hotmail address almost unusable. Maybe that's the idea, Maybe Microsoft doesn't want to provide free email boxes any more. Is there any outside app or service that can be used on a web based email?

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-02-19T10:44:30+00:00

    Hi, and thanks for reaching out. My name is Miguel O., Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue!

    If you've noted a sudden increase in the number of junk emails landing in your account, there's a high chance that your address was part of a list recently sold to one or more websites.

    1. you can change the level of protection in the junk email filter

    you can see more information here :
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/chan...

    1. you can mark it as spam/junk because that helps your email client to learn which email address to block and how to filter spam more generally.
    2. You can make a rule where if the email is sent by certain domain or contains a type of phrase it will be sent to junk or delete it.

    I am sharing with you a link of how to add recipients of email messages to the Safe Senders List

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/add-recipients-of-my-email-messages-to-the-safe-senders-list-be1baea0-beab-4a30-b968-9004332336ce

    That makes absolutely no difference. The junk is still coming through even if you report the junk for phishing or blocking it. It's almost as if you're wanting us to stop using the free outlook and upgrade to the NOT free one......

    I reported this to you once before at the end of 2022 - why is this STILL happening?

    You telling me to add addresses to my safe sender's list is irrelevant if the (clearly) phishing email is getting through despite reporting them as phishing or blocking them.

    I am so sick and tired of such a substandard service - a service I've had since Hotmail was launched.

    Since it was taken over by Outlook - it has been awful.

    Sort it out, please.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-02-20T13:30:40+00:00

    I started having this issue yesterday, my safe sender list isn't working and I'm getting junk emails in my inbox.

    Are they fixing this problem or should I just shut down my acount?

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-02-20T13:56:05+00:00

    My email just started sending all of my junk emails to my normal inbox this morning. I have 2 hotmail accounts and it's only doing it on one of them. It's weird that we are all having the same problems but at different times. And these aren't "new" junk email senders, they are ones that have previously gone to my junk box (I've glanced at them when checking for legit messages) but now suddenly are in my normal inbox. It's really annoying, please help.

    And I can no longer find the "filtering" junk email levels anywhere.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-02-20T13:59:30+00:00

    when MS is going to fix this? I hate MS using playbook script to tell us to check this and enable that. but it is not user issue. this is MS issue. reddit users are seeing the same. outlook is already bad filtering spam, but now it is 100% spam in inbox.

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments