Spam in hotmail account 2022

Anonymous
2022-11-23T20:14:58+00:00

The junk e-mail filter does not appear to be working since the start of 2022. It’s like the full filtering has been turned off overnight. Junk that was normally not in my inbox is now coming in at dozens a day. I can’t seem to find a setting for filtering strictness in the settings either. Does anyone know what changed since 2022? I am seriously considering closing my account that I have been using since 1993.

Online descriptions of issues say that i can work with automatic filtering - my hotmail outlook doesnt even have a ribbon anymore! Can anyone help me? I cant keep blocking individually or using yhe blocked senders function because if the randomly generated domain names with each junk email.

Isthere away of only letting through safe senders?

Outlook | Outlook for mobile | Outlook for Android | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-02-20T18:31:56+00:00

    I also got the Microsoft Message as Michelle got that I believe to be phishing. I started getting some junk a few months back. Then more junk and then phishing.

    Now I am getting tons of junk and phishing per day.The amount of junk and phishing has steadily been rising. My mail email inbox looks like a junk folder.

    I have reported these nuisance emails as both junk and phishing by clicking the icon provided but that only seem to increase the amount of junk/ phishing to my main inbox. Today is the worst.

    I have used this one hotmail acct for so very long (since the onset of hotmail) and I have so much tied to the use of this hotmail account. Like when I order things online and more.

    I wonder if Microsoft has been breached to have this happen to so many of us.

    I'm sorry for all of you with this issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-02-20T17:17:51+00:00

    I have the paid version and I'm still getting spam and it's so annoying. It doesn't happen to my .live but .hotmail. I do even have the filtered list, however, I am using the safe and block list which is more restrictive and it's still not blocking the emails I keep blocking and reporting.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-02-20T16:58:24+00:00

    The junk email not working and the unusual sign in started this morning for me as well.

    I would like it if Microsoft would allow country restrictions for hotmail/outlook.com and not require you to have a corporate outlook account,

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-02-20T16:52:37+00:00

    I have just started getting loads of junk mail and phishing type emails into my main inbox also.

    In addition to this I am getting Microsoft unusual sign in notifications that I believe to be phishing.

    What can be done to remedy this nuisance and inconvenience?

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-02-20T13:59:30+00:00

    when MS is going to fix this? I hate MS using playbook script to tell us to check this and enable that. but it is not user issue. this is MS issue. reddit users are seeing the same. outlook is already bad filtering spam, but now it is 100% spam in inbox.

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments