Spam in hotmail account 2022

Anonymous
2022-11-23T20:14:58+00:00

The junk e-mail filter does not appear to be working since the start of 2022. It’s like the full filtering has been turned off overnight. Junk that was normally not in my inbox is now coming in at dozens a day. I can’t seem to find a setting for filtering strictness in the settings either. Does anyone know what changed since 2022? I am seriously considering closing my account that I have been using since 1993.

Online descriptions of issues say that i can work with automatic filtering - my hotmail outlook doesnt even have a ribbon anymore! Can anyone help me? I cant keep blocking individually or using yhe blocked senders function because if the randomly generated domain names with each junk email.

Isthere away of only letting through safe senders?

Outlook | Outlook for mobile | Outlook for Android | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-04-27T23:56:13+00:00

    Agree, I have gotten many similar emails . I just went thru every email and set up rules to block or delete. Since I did that last night I routed 89 emails to my own "Spam Hold" folder. I can at least review and keep out of my Inbox. I opened the details and found the root sender's email address and blocked, deleted and routed to a new folder. The whole issue is getting 89 unwanted emails in one day. The provider's could easily stop this, but they don't put in the selections that would allow you to stop it and prevent it from happening. I believe it's planned by design.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-04-27T13:27:01+00:00

    After I wrote here back when the awful junk/ phishing emails (including some very disgusting emails) died way down. Almost to nothing.

    But they have started up again and I am receiving more and more and more unwanted spam emails in my inbox. Some are really gross- **** invites for men. These emails have zero business coming to MY inbox.

    Gmail never has any of this going on. My Gmail inbox is FREE of spam/ phishing/ junk. NEVER SHOWS UP IN MY INBOX! It's a priority for Google that is why. I only get what I expect to get.

    Uccch.....just wish this would stop. I've used Hotmail for years and have much tied up with that email address.

    Please if anyone who works on hotmail emails is out there and has any clout whatseover - PLEASE WORK ON THIS ISSUE AND CLEAN UP THE INBOX!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-04-27T03:02:11+00:00

    It's the billionaire system. Rules for thee, but not for me. 😀

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-04-27T02:57:21+00:00

    Just another residual income stream for them. Lure you in with free and then flip to monthly fee or else you get all the spam dumped into your account. Click all the buttons and blocks you want, we'll still let it thru. Just feel good selections. I have an encrypted proton account. No bs yet. My original Hotmail account was supposedly compromised and they deleted that. I built a server. I builta NAS , network attached storage. When I get fed up, I'll set up my own email server and control my own email and rules. I miss my original Juno account. Same deal , different decade, different company.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-04-16T21:50:57+00:00

    There is something sinister going on with hotmail. Since 2022, there has been a high level of spam hitting my inbox, even though some of it gets sent to the junk folder. This behavior is greater if you use the free app from Microsoft on Android or on Windows. If you use the paid services like outlook 365, you dont see the same level of phishing attacks. The filtering seems to be more effective in filtering email from genuine sources than from Phising senders.

    It is as if Microsoft has turned of the spam filtering they were doing in their back end and off loaded it to their 'free' apps such as Android version of outlook, to encourage their users to use paid subscriptions.

    I dont see as much spam/phishing in Yahoo, Google mail services. In fact my Google account has received no spam.

    What is going on? Microsoft has always been shady about this.

    All help suggest setting the filtering to allow mail from known senders. I dont really want to do this, since it is not possible to know the sender before they have sent me mail. MS needs to keep out mail that is being send from Spurious addresses. It is hard to believe in the age of Chat GPT, they cannot do a decent job like Google.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments