Spam in hotmail account 2022

Anonymous
2022-11-23T20:14:58+00:00

The junk e-mail filter does not appear to be working since the start of 2022. It’s like the full filtering has been turned off overnight. Junk that was normally not in my inbox is now coming in at dozens a day. I can’t seem to find a setting for filtering strictness in the settings either. Does anyone know what changed since 2022? I am seriously considering closing my account that I have been using since 1993.

Online descriptions of issues say that i can work with automatic filtering - my hotmail outlook doesnt even have a ribbon anymore! Can anyone help me? I cant keep blocking individually or using yhe blocked senders function because if the randomly generated domain names with each junk email.

Isthere away of only letting through safe senders?

Outlook | Outlook for mobile | Outlook for Android | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-07-18T16:22:57+00:00

    I tried your suggestions. Cannot find an option link.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-06-07T11:21:41+00:00

    They don't seem to want to.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-04-27T13:27:01+00:00

    After I wrote here back when the awful junk/ phishing emails (including some very disgusting emails) died way down. Almost to nothing.

    But they have started up again and I am receiving more and more and more unwanted spam emails in my inbox. Some are really gross- **** invites for men. These emails have zero business coming to MY inbox.

    Gmail never has any of this going on. My Gmail inbox is FREE of spam/ phishing/ junk. NEVER SHOWS UP IN MY INBOX! It's a priority for Google that is why. I only get what I expect to get.

    Uccch.....just wish this would stop. I've used Hotmail for years and have much tied up with that email address.

    Please if anyone who works on hotmail emails is out there and has any clout whatseover - PLEASE WORK ON THIS ISSUE AND CLEAN UP THE INBOX!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-04-27T02:57:21+00:00

    Just another residual income stream for them. Lure you in with free and then flip to monthly fee or else you get all the spam dumped into your account. Click all the buttons and blocks you want, we'll still let it thru. Just feel good selections. I have an encrypted proton account. No bs yet. My original Hotmail account was supposedly compromised and they deleted that. I built a server. I builta NAS , network attached storage. When I get fed up, I'll set up my own email server and control my own email and rules. I miss my original Juno account. Same deal , different decade, different company.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-03-09T02:43:14+00:00

    None of this is working. I cannot believe I pay a yearly subscription to Microsoft that has a malfunctioning and ineffective email. My inbox went from none to now 100+ junk emails a day. I am unable to find the emails I need because there's so much spam it is impossible to even try.

    When will Microsoft fix this?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments