Using Outlook for Android in business environments for email and scheduling
I believe hotmail is now worthless.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
The junk e-mail filter does not appear to be working since the start of 2022. It’s like the full filtering has been turned off overnight. Junk that was normally not in my inbox is now coming in at dozens a day. I can’t seem to find a setting for filtering strictness in the settings either. Does anyone know what changed since 2022? I am seriously considering closing my account that I have been using since 1993.
Online descriptions of issues say that i can work with automatic filtering - my hotmail outlook doesnt even have a ribbon anymore! Can anyone help me? I cant keep blocking individually or using yhe blocked senders function because if the randomly generated domain names with each junk email.
Isthere away of only letting through safe senders?
Using Outlook for Android in business environments for email and scheduling
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I believe hotmail is now worthless.
The issue with spam in Hotmail has been an issue since things went to outlook.com in my opinion. I have always marked all the junk as spam, but in the past several months, this only brought an enormous uptick in spam. Those that I marked as spam consistently land in my inbox, so MS's spam filtering technology is no longer working. DAILY, I am deleting more than 300 junk emails. I've had my hotmail account for decades now, but I can see that it's likely time to release it. So sad that I'll need to move my personal email over to Gmail after being a dedicated MS supporter all this time. Personally, I think that MS is trying to get rid of the hotmail accounts, because they certainly aren't giving us any support whatsoever.
I was one of the first responders on this thread back in Novemeber, i STILL have this issue and on top of that i now have 'unusual activity' potential phishing, again not going into my junk mail but my inbox, my 2 other hotmail account one of which has never been given to anyone that leave it open to having the address hacked have also been getting tonnes of junk mail, a few of which again in inbox - I am sick of it, i have no idea why it happening but im sure i could have missed genuine emails because of this as well as having to be careful going though each email to check it.
Block no longer works, the report button does not work - BASIC filter does not work, and now microsoft phishing emails?
The junk email not working and the unusual sign in started this morning for me as well.
I would like it if Microsoft would allow country restrictions for hotmail/outlook.com and not require you to have a corporate outlook account,
Hi, and thanks for reaching out. My name is Miguel O., Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue!
If you've noted a sudden increase in the number of junk emails landing in your account, there's a high chance that your address was part of a list recently sold to one or more websites.
you can see more information here :
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/change-the-level-of-protection-in-the-junk-email-filter-e89c12d8-9d61-4320-8c57-d982c8d52f6b
I am sharing with you a link of how to add recipients of email messages to the Safe Senders List