Spam in hotmail account 2022

Anonymous
2022-11-23T20:14:58+00:00

The junk e-mail filter does not appear to be working since the start of 2022. It’s like the full filtering has been turned off overnight. Junk that was normally not in my inbox is now coming in at dozens a day. I can’t seem to find a setting for filtering strictness in the settings either. Does anyone know what changed since 2022? I am seriously considering closing my account that I have been using since 1993.

Online descriptions of issues say that i can work with automatic filtering - my hotmail outlook doesnt even have a ribbon anymore! Can anyone help me? I cant keep blocking individually or using yhe blocked senders function because if the randomly generated domain names with each junk email.

Isthere away of only letting through safe senders?

Outlook | Outlook for mobile | Outlook for Android | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-02-20T13:56:05+00:00

    My email just started sending all of my junk emails to my normal inbox this morning. I have 2 hotmail accounts and it's only doing it on one of them. It's weird that we are all having the same problems but at different times. And these aren't "new" junk email senders, they are ones that have previously gone to my junk box (I've glanced at them when checking for legit messages) but now suddenly are in my normal inbox. It's really annoying, please help.

    And I can no longer find the "filtering" junk email levels anywhere.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-02-20T13:59:30+00:00

    when MS is going to fix this? I hate MS using playbook script to tell us to check this and enable that. but it is not user issue. this is MS issue. reddit users are seeing the same. outlook is already bad filtering spam, but now it is 100% spam in inbox.

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-04-27T23:56:13+00:00

    Agree, I have gotten many similar emails . I just went thru every email and set up rules to block or delete. Since I did that last night I routed 89 emails to my own "Spam Hold" folder. I can at least review and keep out of my Inbox. I opened the details and found the root sender's email address and blocked, deleted and routed to a new folder. The whole issue is getting 89 unwanted emails in one day. The provider's could easily stop this, but they don't put in the selections that would allow you to stop it and prevent it from happening. I believe it's planned by design.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-03-17T22:00:34+00:00

    Reporting this as phishing or blocking only seems to make it worse ... this has has gotten harmful and obnoxious it is time for a class action lawsuit and complaints to the FTC!

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-02-20T16:52:37+00:00

    I have just started getting loads of junk mail and phishing type emails into my main inbox also.

    In addition to this I am getting Microsoft unusual sign in notifications that I believe to be phishing.

    What can be done to remedy this nuisance and inconvenience?

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments