Spam in hotmail account 2022

Anonymous
2022-11-23T20:14:58+00:00

The junk e-mail filter does not appear to be working since the start of 2022. It’s like the full filtering has been turned off overnight. Junk that was normally not in my inbox is now coming in at dozens a day. I can’t seem to find a setting for filtering strictness in the settings either. Does anyone know what changed since 2022? I am seriously considering closing my account that I have been using since 1993.

Online descriptions of issues say that i can work with automatic filtering - my hotmail outlook doesnt even have a ribbon anymore! Can anyone help me? I cant keep blocking individually or using yhe blocked senders function because if the randomly generated domain names with each junk email.

Isthere away of only letting through safe senders?

Outlook | Outlook for mobile | Outlook for Android | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-06-10T01:39:07+00:00

    Email like a virus. Same here . Constantly updating rules. Keep coming. Company couldn't care less. Revenue off of email traffic. What was once a great tool is just a time waster. I just waint a week and delete hundreds of emails all at once. Not even worrying about what I delete anymore. If u don't recognize, I delete.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-06-10T01:20:27+00:00

    I'm having the same issue now.

    Those domain email don't even registered.

    SPF, DKIM all verification are not passed, but I still getting the email at my INBOX.

    Now I have to clean and update junk rule every day, going to crazy.

    At the moment, Microsoft email make me feel unsafe anymore.

    And I not sure how Microsoft verified those mails and let it received at our INBOX which verification part are not passed.

    Is that Microsoft walking down now?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-06-07T07:52:58+00:00

    The manual flagging and levels are not working.

    Even set to High obvious spam messages are finding their way to the inbox.

    I'm not sure why Microsoft can't get a grip on this in 2023

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-04-27T03:02:11+00:00

    It's the billionaire system. Rules for thee, but not for me. 😀

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments