Using Classic Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
For me the fix was to uncheck the iCloud Outlook Add-in that apparently was installed automatically when I installed iCloud for Windows.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I have a three minute delay rule set up in Outlook. Previously this has worked with no issues, however, now about 50% of my emails get stuck in my outbox when they send. After hitting send the email goes to the outbox with the 'editing' symbol (piece of paper with pencil) next to it rather than the 'send' arrow symbol. If, after three minutes, send/receive is pressed the email won't send. If the email is opened and send hit again it wont send. The only way to send the email is to copy the text into a new email and send that. If I turn the rule off the issue goes away.
My internal IT department has been unable to help, they have run the repair function, created a new profile and reduced the downloaded emails, none of which helped.
Thanks in advance for contributions.
Using Classic Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
For me the fix was to uncheck the iCloud Outlook Add-in that apparently was installed automatically when I installed iCloud for Windows.
Same issue! But I do not even have Adobe add in so that is not my issue. Seems like a Microsoft issue that they need to fix
It worked!! Thank you!
GO TO OUTLOOK ADD-INS, UNCHECK THE "ACROBAT CLOUD.......(ETC)" ADD-IN.
TRY TO SEND AN EMAIL AGAIN. SHOULD WORK. wink wink
After some digging, I found that disabling the "Adobe Document Cloud for Microsoft Outlook" Add-In for Outlook solved this issue for me. Possibly there is some conflict with that add-in.
Ever since I disabled that, the delayed send rule has been working as expected.