Delay rule in Outlook causing emails to get permanently stuck in outbox

Anonymous
2023-01-18T15:42:26+00:00

I have a three minute delay rule set up in Outlook. Previously this has worked with no issues, however, now about 50% of my emails get stuck in my outbox when they send. After hitting send the email goes to the outbox with the 'editing' symbol (piece of paper with pencil) next to it rather than the 'send' arrow symbol. If, after three minutes, send/receive is pressed the email won't send. If the email is opened and send hit again it wont send. The only way to send the email is to copy the text into a new email and send that. If I turn the rule off the issue goes away.

My internal IT department has been unable to help, they have run the repair function, created a new profile and reduced the downloaded emails, none of which helped.

Thanks in advance for contributions.

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-04-29T17:46:17+00:00

    Oh, I just posted this discovery too. Your solution is even better. But moving to Sent folder (and then finding and resending) also worked.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-04-18T15:58:36+00:00

    There's a huge glitch. I've had them sit in there permanently. Many times I was just sending them and forgetting about them only to find they were still in the outbox days later.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-02-01T09:44:57+00:00

    For me the fix was to uncheck the iCloud Outlook Add-in that apparently was installed automatically when I installed iCloud for Windows.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-01-16T05:02:57+00:00

    GO TO OUTLOOK ADD-INS, UNCHECK THE "ACROBAT CLOUD.......(ETC)" ADD-IN.

    TRY TO SEND AN EMAIL AGAIN. SHOULD WORK. wink wink

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-12-19T16:11:37+00:00

    After some digging, I found that disabling the "Adobe Document Cloud for Microsoft Outlook" Add-In for Outlook solved this issue for me. Possibly there is some conflict with that add-in.

    Ever since I disabled that, the delayed send rule has been working as expected.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments