How to Open a .PST file from the new outlook. File menu disapeared

Anonymous
2023-05-22T09:26:58+00:00

Hi,

I tried the new Outlook for windows, I realized the File menu -and others- disappeared.

How can I open a .PST file? to work on old mail files?

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-11-07T20:01:02+00:00

    How do I turn off the Outlook (New) since I do not see the toggle switch in the upper right corner.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-11-08T21:24:24+00:00

    Thank you, I have been going crazy looking for the .pts link.

    I did turn off the "Try the new outlook" but when I open Outlook it opens in the New Outlook and I need to revert back each time. How do I get it to open in my Outlook Classic?

    Thanks again,

    Ed

    PS I got here because, at first I was looking for my mail search, which had disappeared. In the blog it said, if all else fails uninstall and reinstall. I did any now it wants to always start in New Outlook.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-11-15T10:31:21+00:00

    How do I turn off the Outlook (New) since I do not see the toggle switch in the upper right corner.

    On the Help ribbon you'll find a button called Go to classic Outlook.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-11-15T14:23:29+00:00

    This is what I do but you need to do it every time you open outlook (pain). I would love it if you could set it to open in classic.

    Thanks,

    Ed

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-11-26T19:23:30+00:00

    Can't find switch to revert back to old Outlook.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments