How to Open a .PST file from the new outlook. File menu disapeared

Anonymous
2023-05-22T09:26:58+00:00

Hi,

I tried the new Outlook for windows, I realized the File menu -and others- disappeared.

How can I open a .PST file? to work on old mail files?

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-02-28T20:53:29+00:00

    I asked Microsoft copilot and it replied with a long list of reasons why PST files will never be supported. I am disappointed in this loss of local functionality.

    I asked "why doesn't the new outlook support pst files?". It gave 5 reasons and then said "In summary, while PST files served their purpose in the past, the new Outlook prioritizes modern features, security, and cloud integration over legacy formats."

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-02-23T20:52:10+00:00

    Please get this updated as soon as possible!

    I really need to have access to my vast archive of *.pst files.

    Most disappointing that it is not already included as it should be.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-02-14T17:45:01+00:00

    We understand Microsoft wanting to own all the user data, but this feature lacking is not acceptable. Please enable the option, yesterday

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-01-24T20:43:14+00:00

    Hi Everyone,

    It's January 2024 (almost February). Is there an update to this issue? I find it hard to believe that we STILL have to toggle back and forth between the Outlook versions.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-01-15T06:08:17+00:00

    It's been half a year. Is this feature finished?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments