How to Open a .PST file from the new outlook. File menu disapeared

Anonymous
2023-05-22T09:26:58+00:00

Hi,

I tried the new Outlook for windows, I realized the File menu -and others- disappeared.

How can I open a .PST file? to work on old mail files?

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-04-30T22:39:44+00:00

    Classic "upgrade". I basically will have a hard time conducting my business as all my emails are stored and organized in .pst files.

    "Coming Soon" tells me nothing......The workaround doesn't work, as my old outlook email does not come back when I revert to old. I had the outlook that you purchase and not the free web version.

    Please tell me when Microsoft will support .pst files again.

    rdh

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-04-29T13:05:12+00:00

    Hi Elin,

    Similar to the missing File tab menu, the Notes app is missing too on the New Outlook version. Please include this in your -coming soon- release.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-04-07T04:02:37+00:00

    This is disgraceful - I too have lost years of critical business and personal data. At the very least Microsoft should have in-built data conversion.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-02-28T21:09:33+00:00

    Copilot evidently does not understand many users carry important emails for long time that should not disappear, including but not limited to legal litigations and other really important stuff. I understand an infant IA does not get it, but Microsoft should do it.

    Having a company with history and hundreds or thousands of employees, losing history for not implementing such feature is not acceptable. The capability to be able to open PSTs files is a must, not an option.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-02-28T21:03:11+00:00

    Thank you for taking the time to answer this.

    Based on your comments my decision is to NOT migrate to any new format.

    My *.pst files are far too valuable to me to be lost to some engineer's pipedreams.

    I don't suppose anybody has given thought, if we are forced to adopt some new format

    about how people can properly store and archive their data? I like and use the cloud;

    however I will never give up complete control of my files and insist that I must have a full

    copy on my hard drive and in my personal possession at all times.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments