How to Open a .PST file from the new outlook. File menu disapeared

Anonymous
2023-05-22T09:26:58+00:00

Hi,

I tried the new Outlook for windows, I realized the File menu -and others- disappeared.

How can I open a .PST file? to work on old mail files?

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-09-21T19:28:33+00:00

    Thank you. From prior discussions the information from Microsoft seems to be saying that PST files were not on the product calendar so would not be part of the product when completed. It was called old and not a part of modern email clients. This is a big relief because I just spent a long time telling folks I moved my account from Comcast.net. The only reason I went for Outlook.com was because of PSTs.

    When PSTs become supported in New Outlook I will migrate.

    Ralph

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-09-03T16:56:24+00:00

    This really needs to be addressed MS. This is a huge lapse in judgement. We need this functionality to be able to properly secure our email.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-08-20T14:51:08+00:00

    What is the update on being able to access Outlook data files (.pst) in the "New Outlook"? In the chain below, someone wrote "The .pst file support is not available in New Outlook for Windows. This feature is in "coming soon" status. You can find the same information from Getting started with the new Outlook for Windows - Microsoft Support . This was written in May 2023, over a year ago. When is the Coming Soon going to be "Now Available"?

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-08-13T12:57:55+00:00

    This is REALLY frustrating!

    I can connect to my Comcast e-mail in the new version, but I get a password error when I try to connect in the old version.

    When I open the new version, I cannot access my PST files, which messes with my entire e-mail process.

    Why would it connect on the new version of Microsoft 365, but not the old? I have searched for an hour-and-a-half and can't find an answer! I keep getting the password error (Enter your username and password for the following server: imap.comcast.net. I enter the password that I ahve used forever but stopped working today and it does not resolve.

    I tried configuring using advanced security and multi-factor but that did NOTHING! All of the articles I find on-line are flat out WRONG!

    CAn anyone help me? I am at my wits end....

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-07-05T20:17:40+00:00

    Thanks for that response. Thankfully, Microsoft has allowed us to revert back to the old Outlook, although it took me awhile to figure out how to do it. Now I'm having a problem with Contacts. I successfully imported my Contacts to Outlook, but they don't show up in the address book for sending emails. When I right-click on the Contacts icon in the left pane, I can see the contacts I imported and also "Contacts (This computer only)". It seems that Outlook defaults to "This Computer Only", which doesn't have any contacts in it. I can't seem to figure out how to get the address book to default to the Contacts that actually has my contacts in it or get my contacts into "This Computer Only". If that makes any sense.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments