How to Open a .PST file from the new outlook. File menu disapeared

Anonymous
2023-05-22T09:26:58+00:00

Hi,

I tried the new Outlook for windows, I realized the File menu -and others- disappeared.

How can I open a .PST file? to work on old mail files?

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-11-27T19:30:21+00:00

    I did a search (search bar) for Outlook and both the Outlook Classic and Outlook new aps appeared. I right clicked on Classic and pined it to the task bar. I then right clicked the New version on the task bar and unpinned it. Now I only have one Outlook on my task bar and it opens classic.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-11-27T18:39:57+00:00

    I am not able to open Classic Outlook on my new computer with Windows 11. I did a successful File Export of my .pst file; however, the NEW Outlook doesn't have a FILE option on the ribbon. I would love to go back to Classic Outlook, but it won't open. I can see the tiny thumbnail above the taskbar, but still won't open. Please help!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-11-27T00:25:16+00:00

    I am not able to open Classic Outlook on my new computer with Windows 11. I did a successful File Export of my .pst file; however, the NEW Outlook doesn't have a FILE option on the ribbon. I would love to go back to Classic Outlook, but it won't open. I can see the tiny thumbnail above the taskbar, but still won't open. Please help!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-11-26T22:18:31+00:00

    I have the switch and it has always been turned off. I am no longer concerned about converting the PST file yet. My frustration was opening Outlook as it always was opening in the new version. I found I could remove it from the task bar and place Outlook classic on the tsk bar. Now it will open in Classic every time 😊

    I will wait Microsoft's notice of killing classic and by then they may have a plan to migrate my pst into the required ost.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-11-26T19:23:30+00:00

    Can't find switch to revert back to old Outlook.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments