How to Open a .PST file from the new outlook. File menu disapeared

Anonymous
2023-05-22T09:26:58+00:00

Hi,

I tried the new Outlook for windows, I realized the File menu -and others- disappeared.

How can I open a .PST file? to work on old mail files?

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-11-15T14:23:29+00:00

    This is what I do but you need to do it every time you open outlook (pain). I would love it if you could set it to open in classic.

    Thanks,

    Ed

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-11-08T21:24:24+00:00

    Thank you, I have been going crazy looking for the .pts link.

    I did turn off the "Try the new outlook" but when I open Outlook it opens in the New Outlook and I need to revert back each time. How do I get it to open in my Outlook Classic?

    Thanks again,

    Ed

    PS I got here because, at first I was looking for my mail search, which had disappeared. In the blog it said, if all else fails uninstall and reinstall. I did any now it wants to always start in New Outlook.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-11-07T20:01:02+00:00

    How do I turn off the Outlook (New) since I do not see the toggle switch in the upper right corner.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-09-21T19:28:33+00:00

    Thank you. From prior discussions the information from Microsoft seems to be saying that PST files were not on the product calendar so would not be part of the product when completed. It was called old and not a part of modern email clients. This is a big relief because I just spent a long time telling folks I moved my account from Comcast.net. The only reason I went for Outlook.com was because of PSTs.

    When PSTs become supported in New Outlook I will migrate.

    Ralph

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-09-03T16:56:24+00:00

    This really needs to be addressed MS. This is a huge lapse in judgement. We need this functionality to be able to properly secure our email.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments