I really hate the new outlook.

Anonymous
2023-06-12T16:53:38+00:00

I cannot stand the new outlook. I can no longer use the outlook application instead it takes me to a web-based outlook. I really hate that Microsoft is so inconsistant with everything they do. I would like to use the outlook application not the web-based outlook. I will cancel my subscription .

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Calendar

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-08-31T03:55:36+00:00

    I have a Mac and found these instructions:

    Follow these simple steps given below to switch to legacy Outlook for Mac: 

    • Open Outlook and click on ‘Outlook’ on the top-left corner.
    • Then deselect the ‘New Outlook’ option from the list.

    Once you deselected the New Outlook, your current Outlook will be closed and an old classic Outlook will open.

    • Alternatively, you can use the ‘Help Menu’ to get it.
    • You can do it any time by simply opening Outlook and clicking on ‘Help’, and then choosing ‘Revert to the Legacy Outlook’ of Outlook as seen below.

    Revert to the Legacy Outlook

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-09-18T14:33:46+00:00

    OMG THANK YOU!! I have no idea why they made all these terrible updates. Especially to the To-Do List. What a relief!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-09-25T07:24:00+00:00

    I tried your advice and received this FAILED message. I'm so over the new LOOK outlook, it takes me twice as long to do anything. I do not have the toggle switch and seemingly no way to go back to the old version.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-09-26T09:48:35+00:00

    I also hate the new outlook. As soon as we are forced to use it I am installing thunderbird or a different mail app. I wish things werent forced onto us!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-10-01T18:23:54+00:00

    Hey dude, I figured out a way out of this. Go to help>Support and type the issue, something along the lines of "How do I switch back to the old outlook?".

    The bot will suggest the answers to toggle off the switch that doesn't exist with the new update, however, if you scroll down, it has a "Do it for me" option, click that and voila! Back to the old one.

    Hope that helps!!

    Thank you so much! This made my day!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments