I really hate the new outlook.

Anonymous
2023-06-12T16:53:38+00:00

I cannot stand the new outlook. I can no longer use the outlook application instead it takes me to a web-based outlook. I really hate that Microsoft is so inconsistant with everything they do. I would like to use the outlook application not the web-based outlook. I will cancel my subscription .

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Calendar

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-10-27T10:14:05+00:00

    Why has Microsoft fixed what was NOT broken.

    Old Outlook was much more use friendly. The FOCUSED and OTHER options both have mails I'm looking for. Why the back and forth to two "platforms".

    outlook 2016 did not need fixing - it worked and Microsoft has done the user NO favours

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-08-20T21:00:29+00:00

    Being FORCED to use the New Outlook and then the first item you see in your mail list is an ADVERTISEMENT. Microsoft's answer to you not seeing this is to PAY to turn it off. Seriously, F you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-06-26T18:29:06+00:00

    I also HATE the new outlook... not just for aesthetic reasons... its WAY LESS EFFEICIENT...

    Before, i could quickly look at all my email accounts and see what has new emails.. now i have to manually click and go into each acct just to see if there are new emails..
    Not to mention, all my "other" emails get numbered in with my "primary" emails, so i have to keep going into "other" and "select all" and then "mark all as read".. just for them to stop showing up as unread emails.. SO ANNOYING!

    I "move" emails to designated folders, and when i come back to my emails, sometimes even just minutes later... all the "moved" emails are back in my primary. Yet again, SO freaking annoying!

    And now they want to throw in ads and get people to pay for this **** software that's buggy & less efficient than the older, free software? NOPE!!

    Looking elsewhere to do all my email business matters... (anyone have recommendations?)
    .... unless i can switch back to the older version, then thanks for nothing.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-06-24T17:25:01+00:00

    You can still use Legacy Outlook. Just click on Outlook at the top of the page, and you will see the Legacy Outlook option. If you don't see it, use the Help option to find it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-06-24T16:46:24+00:00

    i did use this until it was no longer available today. now all i can do is set it to dark. will there be any word on weather or not the legacy version will be available? or at least a version that isn't like i'm back in the 90s logging on to hotmail. even if i made this email while it was still hotmail.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments