Using Classic Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
This is preventing me from using the new Outlook, nothing else makes up for it.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
In Preview New Outlook the Quick Access Toolbar doesn't exist but I have a command in the Classic version for Dashes. When I compose a message, and I insert an image inline, I always click the image, click my icon in Quick Access Toolbar and select plain line to surround the image with line. What do we have in the new Outlook which is as easy as that ?
Using Classic Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
This is preventing me from using the new Outlook, nothing else makes up for it.
Why would you remove the QAT?
its probably my most used feature across the entire office suite. Ridiculous.
Loss of the QAT is reason enough to avoid the "upgrade" to the New Outlook!
Sheesh folks. Most of us in the software development world intuitively KNOW that
removing useful features w/o providing a better alternative is simply put STUPID!
PLEASE FIX THIS. What harm could result? Those who choose not to use the QAT
can simply leave it alone. NO HARM RESULTS!
I will eagerly await a rational decision by Microsoft.
Or am I destined to stay with the old Outlook ???
Chiming in to just say I'd like to see the QAT in the new Outlook, thanks!
Dear GearWorld,
Greeting. Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community.
Based on your description, I understand that your query is about "Preview New Outlook - Quick Access Toolbar". The Quick Access Toolbar doesn't exist in Preview New Outlook, I did thorough testing and research from my side, but sorry I haven't found any features that implement your requirements yet.
The new Outlook for Windows has not long been launched, and many details of the design and features are gradually being supplemented and optimized. We appreciate your need to bring this to our attention, for the feature you proposed, please forgive me for taking the liberty of raising a new piece of feedback for you on Community (microsoft.com), which is Microsoft's webpage dedicated to collecting customer feedback on products. I will invite my team to vote on it, and users who want the same will join the vote and comment when they see it, so that it will appear at the top of the page, which makes it easier to quickly submit feedback to the product group. Your suggestions help us to provide better service to you and other users. We highly value each customer's feedback on our products.
Preview New Outlook - Quick Access Toolbar · Community (microsoft.com)
Hopefully this will be included in future product updates.![Image](https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/1ebf0e49-c432-4f9c-81be-8a40e2065e2f?platform=QnA
For more information, please refer to
Getting started with the new Outlook for Windows - Microsoft Support
Contact support and provide feedback within the new Outlook for Windows - Microsoft Support
Your understanding and cooperation are greatly appreciated, and if there is anything else that can be done for you, please feel free to reply.
Have a good day.
Best regards,
Winter| Microsoft Community Moderator