Adding attachment to Meeting Invites You Do Not Own

Anonymous
2023-08-21T11:53:45+00:00

Hi there

I used to be able to add files to meeting invites in my calendar (that I was not organising) [I could add emails, files to it for my own reference and to send to all the other attendees] I don't seem to be able to do that anymore. Is there a problem with this function now?

Kind regards

ZM

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-02-28T22:56:21+00:00

    I also support this request to reinstate this function as a matter of urgency. Does Microsoft actually consult users of these features or are they changed for no particular reason?

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-02-29T18:13:41+00:00

    Unfortunately, this has been a known issues since the morning after they pushed through these updates in Aug 2023. The Microsoft team is well aware of the multiple complaints, so as nothing has done to correct it I can only assume that means they just don't care.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-04-09T10:59:21+00:00

    Hi there

    I used to be able to add files to meeting invites in my calendar (that I was not organising) [I could add emails, files to it for my own reference and to send to all the other attendees] I don't seem to be able to do that anymore. Is there a problem with this function now?

    Kind regards

    ZM

    Hi

    I agree with you it's really frustrating that I can't add the link to the papers for a meeting. I know we should go back to the person who sent out the meeting request but people like doing things differently.

    Best wishes

    Penny

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-04-25T15:41:41+00:00

    I came looking for a solution to this issue.
    the way I was able to navigate this was open the meeting in MS Teams Calendar and attach files to the meeting that way.
    Not ideal but I was able to share the required content with the audience prior to the meeting.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-07-03T22:19:53+00:00

    I also found a "not ideal" work around. If you forward the email invite to yourself, you can attach a file.

    You can even go back after it's be accepted, but you want to the email invite (not the calendar).

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments