Adding attachment to Meeting Invites You Do Not Own

Anonymous
2023-08-21T11:53:45+00:00

Hi there

I used to be able to add files to meeting invites in my calendar (that I was not organising) [I could add emails, files to it for my own reference and to send to all the other attendees] I don't seem to be able to do that anymore. Is there a problem with this function now?

Kind regards

ZM

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-11-07T10:19:37+00:00

    I agree with others - the functionality to be able to add (or at least link) attachments to other people calendar invites needs to be a priority ...I have the situation where a fellow Finance colleague has set up a meeting for us and others. I then need to attach a spreadsheet for all members of the meeting to use. Since I cannot attach a file to the calendar meeting I need to send a separate email to all the stakeholders which is much more hassle for everyone as when its comes to the meeting they need to remember when my separate email was sent :-/

    As for your suggesting of replying to the person who set the meeting up .. well they are off on annual leave so that is not use!

    The work arounds suggested are no use either since I d not have access as an IT administrator

    Microsoft should be working with the people who use the product daily - not being against those people!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-11-14T00:27:05+00:00

    This is exactly what I have to do now too. What a WASTE OF TIME!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-11-17T20:02:16+00:00

    BINGO! My issue EXACTLY!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-12-08T23:06:12+00:00

    Yes, please reinstate this feature. A HUGE loss of functionality to adding relevant notes & files to future meetings. Really poor decision to omit this functionality.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-12-12T13:14:17+00:00

    I totally agree! This is an issue. At times, I have to email the organizer to add the attachment. However, there are items that are not be seen by everyone, so I have to create another calendar item just so I can add the attachment. This makes the calendar look cluttered!

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments