Using Classic Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
You assume we can run as an administrator, which is usually locked down by IT
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi there
I used to be able to add files to meeting invites in my calendar (that I was not organising) [I could add emails, files to it for my own reference and to send to all the other attendees] I don't seem to be able to do that anymore. Is there a problem with this function now?
Kind regards
ZM
Using Classic Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
You assume we can run as an administrator, which is usually locked down by IT
Hi
We do not want the ability to modify an invite received but just to add our notes or files for our reference relating to the doc pdf or ppt to the invite for our eyes only
This existed in m365( till 12/9)
Has Microsoft removed this ability in the new updates ?
It’s an asset for mgrs and employees to have this option to optimisé time and note their comments for them for meetings
Plessis confirm
TOTALLY AGREE! I came back from vacation at the end of August 2023, and suddenly I can't drag and drop agendas, attachments, or make notes into my high-level Executive's meetings!! This is unacceptable! My work-around for now, is to create a dummy meeting next to the existing meeting and add my notes/reminders about the purpose of the meeting, or any agendas that were forwarded. Makes for a really messy calendar, but my Executive can't possibly recall the purpose behind all the meetings added to her calendar. Essentially, my job is obsolete due to this Outlook change.
Outlook, please reinstate this feature - quickly!
This is a HUGE issue! I can't believe that this change was even implemented! I am a PA for a senior VP at a major university and have ALWAYS attached background information to calendar invites so that the information was held in one place. This change was a TERRIBLE idea! Please add this functionality back. The suggested workarounds are TERRIBLE and a time suck. No one has time for these shenanigans! This is basic calendaring functionality.
I too have an issue with this feature being changed. I, quite often attach items to meeting invites received from the outside for my Executive. These attached items contain information related to the meeting which my Executive requires. Removing this feature is a great inconvenience and I respectfully request that the feature be reinstated.
Thank you.