Adding attachment to Meeting Invites You Do Not Own

Anonymous
2023-08-21T11:53:45+00:00

Hi there

I used to be able to add files to meeting invites in my calendar (that I was not organising) [I could add emails, files to it for my own reference and to send to all the other attendees] I don't seem to be able to do that anymore. Is there a problem with this function now?

Kind regards

ZM

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-07-12T19:50:22+00:00

    Omg, thank you so much!! It worked for me, too.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-07-12T19:08:22+00:00

    Thanks CMK0301! I tried it and it works!!! THANK YOU!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-07-12T18:35:45+00:00

    hey.. for those that cannot add notes to any meeting that you do not own (feature now hidden).... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/all/editadd-meeting-notes-on-meeting-invite-sent-from/fce7b3b1-b651-4c88-90fd-4cddb48e2a17

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-07-12T18:22:07+00:00

    I've had the same issue. I relied on being able to add attachments to my boss's meeting planners so they have the information they need for the meeting without giving it to them in paper. I've been creating a 2nd calendar item NEXT TO the meeting planner to add background, docs they need for the meeting, etc., which just clutters up the calendar unnecessarily and is very inefficient.

    Please return this functionality, or provide a similar functionality that can accomplish the same thing.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-07-03T22:19:53+00:00

    I also found a "not ideal" work around. If you forward the email invite to yourself, you can attach a file.

    You can even go back after it's be accepted, but you want to the email invite (not the calendar).

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments