Adding attachment to Meeting Invites You Do Not Own

Anonymous
2023-08-21T11:53:45+00:00

Hi there

I used to be able to add files to meeting invites in my calendar (that I was not organising) [I could add emails, files to it for my own reference and to send to all the other attendees] I don't seem to be able to do that anymore. Is there a problem with this function now?

Kind regards

ZM

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-10-24T16:23:57+00:00

    I simply cannot fathom why you would remove the function to "insert" attachments and files to calendar invitations you do not own. This makes the calendar function all but useless to me! Please add the function back to next Outlook update!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-10-10T14:08:11+00:00

    Yes, please Microsoft, put this Outlook feature back. I am also a PA to two directors and together with other PAs in our organisation, we find it extremely frustrating not to be able to add our own files or notes to meeting invitations sent to us by 3rd parties.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-09-06T19:32:20+00:00

    Hello!

    OMG, thank you! I tried those directions in the link above initially a few months back, and it did work at the time. However, a few weeks ago the "Edit Meeting" option got removed from my Ribbon, and the "Edit Meeting" button was not an option to even add back to my Ribbon.

    But now it's back as an option! I don't know what little Microsoft - or my own company's IT minions - are going to make the feature available, then not available, and now available again, but thank you for prompting me to look again. I never would have realized the featured had returned. Thank you!

    (I also am not using the "new Outlook" yet for the same reason, it doesn't appear to have the functionality I need to do everything I need to do yet...)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-09-06T19:12:44+00:00

    I was looking for a solution to this myself today. Going down the rabbit hole starting here, I came across this link that someone else posted... I don't even remember how I got there, but here's your workaround. It's so easy and you don't have to download 3rd party software or go reverting to an old version of Outlook or changing registry keys. You literally just add the button to your ribbon and/or quick access toolbar.

    https://prod.support.services.microsoft.com/en-us/office/images-are-blocked-and-meeting-body-is-read-only-in-outlook-desktop-if-calendar-items-are-from-other-senders-for-microsoft-outlook-spoofing-vulnerability-released-august-8-2023-e11aee6f-fc9a-45da-889a-9e854a2d1efc?preview=true

    The only downside is that if the original meeting organizer sends an update and you accept it (I'm assuming you have to accept it for this to happen) then you'll lose any edits you made yourself. So just keep that in mind!

    I work for a state university and our IT department forces new versions and updates on us, so I can confirm this works at least with what I have: Outlook for Microsoft 365 MSO (Version 2402 Build 16.0.17328.20550) 64-bit.

    Note: I am NOT using the "new Outlook" because when I tried it I lost other functionality that I required (adding a shared mailbox as a separate account vs it being added within my account as if it was just another folder - this prevents adding any of those folders as favorites, which I MUST be able to do).

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-08-27T23:46:46+00:00

    Haha such a good response! I hear ya! It has made my work life so difficult. I just cannot believe they made this change.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments