Using Classic Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
we also have the same issue with this build
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Using Microsoft Outlook version 2201 (Preview Channel) I get the same error on two different computers when I use Reply All:
The operation failed. The messaging interfaces have returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Oulook.
I already tried to restart outlook, change profile, create another profile, but the error continues.
Creating a new profile I also created a new .OST file, so I would exclude that the issue is a corrupt file.
The error does not show when I am connected to a personal Hotmail account. The error only shows up on my work account.
Because it happens now on two different computers (desktop and notebook) it does not seem something corrupted at the PC level.
Additional note: also ReplyAll from VBA (using Outlook.MailItem) failed, in that case without showing the dialog box UI.
The Reply and Forward buttons and corresponding VBA commands work regularly.
I also monitored with Process Explorer to see whether there are errors accessing Registry or File System, but I didn't see any particular error when I click "Reply All".
In the Event Viewer I have this entry in the Microsoft Office Alerts:
Microsoft Outlook
The operation failed. The messaging interfaces have returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook.
P1: 301670
P2: 16.0.14827.20186
P3:
P4: 0x80004005
My only suspect at this point is that there is something that happens with version 2201, but I don't know how to get more details about the error to investigate deeper. Any help would be welcome.
Using Classic Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I too am having this issue since last week on win11. I was on 2201 and just now I received this weeks beta build 2203 and have the same problem. It only appears when using the replyall button. I've never found a place to provide feedback on the beta channel directly to dev. new profile and a full office repair did not solve the problem
Same issue on Windows 10 Pro 21H2 build 19044.1466 & Outlook Version 2202 (Build 14931.20010 Click-to-Run)
Attempted
This is also happening with other users in our organization.
I am using Version 2202 (Build 14931.20010 Click-to-Run) and also having this issue.
Update - partner had me :
@Microsoft - is someone looking into this issue?