IMAP support for NEW Outlook for Windows

Anonymous
2023-08-14T19:07:03+00:00

Hi,

Recently saw that you added support for iCloud accounts but still nothing for IMAP emails. Any word on when this will be available? After this feature is added, I can stop using the OLD Outlook desktop app.

Thanks

Stephen

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-04-11T17:58:23+00:00

    Is there an update on this issue. I have multiple email accounts, one of which is through my ISP, and I'm constantly getting MS messages to update my credentials for the IMAP account. Otherwise, I would be forced to continue to use the existing Mail for Windows, which works flawlessly.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-04-11T20:43:28+00:00

    Last year I kept trying to use with Imap but to no avail.

    But then about3 months ago I started the old Outlook and it suddenly disappeared off and came back as the new Outlook and with my main IMAP account up and running.

    I still had the return to old Outlook option.

    A few weeks latter I added my other two email accounts in IMAP format and they worked with just needing to give the address and password, all the rest was done automatically.

    Cannot understand why you are all having problems.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-06-07T23:01:09+00:00

    imap works but it just doesent sync like old outlook two ways. If you read messages on desktop they wont appear read on phone. Its a big step down from old outlook.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-06-16T17:22:59+00:00

    Just tried to add an IMAP with a hosted domain on SiteGround in Canada putting in the correct advanced settings, as the new Outlook default settings were incorrect.

    It did not work.

    Not sure if it's because of my region, hosting provider, or something else. I remember trying it shortly after new Outlook was release in my region and it didn't work then either. The only reason I tried again is because new Outlook installed an update on my PC and I figured they may have fixed the IMAP feature, which it appears at least for me they haven't done in my case.

    I still use Outlook 2016 despite its bugs and other shortcomings because it still mostly works, and for anything that doesn't I use the web version. I tried to switch to Mail before it was rebranded, but it fell short of IMAP support as well.

    Current version of new Outlook (Mail app replacement)

    You have Microsoft Outlook Version 1.2024.605.100 (Production). Client Version is 20240607002.17.WebView2 Version is 125.0.2535.92.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-06-20T01:19:31+00:00

    hi there,

    I use new outlook for windows to take place of outlook from office 365.

    Lately I added my imap mail address, and it worked just fine at first time.

    Then i found out it can neither import a pst file, nor synconize from mail server automaticly.

    It disturbs me while i cannot get my new mail: it does even not have a "pull/push" button.

    When you develop a function, which i hope, you could make it run well rather than just claim that "we've got this function".

    hope you could fix it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments