IMAP support for NEW Outlook for Windows

Anonymous
2023-08-14T19:07:03+00:00

Hi,

Recently saw that you added support for iCloud accounts but still nothing for IMAP emails. Any word on when this will be available? After this feature is added, I can stop using the OLD Outlook desktop app.

Thanks

Stephen

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-11-23T10:25:22+00:00

    I have the same problem - there is no user name field and the user name is different from the email address

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-11-29T22:22:43+00:00

    Any update on if/when POP IMAP functionality will be added. This is a deal breaker for me and I really don't want to have to switch email platforms but will if I have to. I can get the email to pull now, but now the calendar functionality, which is a total mess.

    Please advise.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-11-30T12:40:06+00:00

    Same here. I lost my previous functioning Outlook for Windows through IMAP and now with the new 2023 version I just cannot get IMAP to work. Also my provider cannot help me. So no Outlook for me at the moment but back to the e-mail solution of my provider Ziggo, which is really not desirable. I want outlook back as part of my paid Microsoft 365 Family subscription.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-12-05T12:25:15+00:00

    To Sun Khou.

    Please learn more about the product you support before giving mis-information in your reply to this question.

    New Outlook does indeed support IMAP now.

    An excellent precis of how to do this is at

    read://https_www.names.co.uk/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.names.co.uk%2Fsupport%2Farticles%2Fnew-outlook-setting-up-imap%2F

    Thank you

    Nigel MSc

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-12-05T15:18:26+00:00

    I am not spreading misinformation. It is a non-functional system. The calendar functionality does not work.

    For email:

    "Automatic supplies are not supported for the account...."

    "Categories are not supported for the account... "

    "Mobile devices are not support for the account..."

    and the calendar does not sync. I have tried for hours and hours. I have also attempted to contact a human at customer support, which is apparently not a service Microsoft provides. The message repeatedly says "thank you for calling, goodbye", and hangs up.

    Regardless, can anyone help? Will this be fixed in the future?

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments