Using New Outlook on Windows for professional communication and productivity
That is a terrible response..... No IMAP and No Idea of when it will be rolled out in the US.....?
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi,
Recently saw that you added support for iCloud accounts but still nothing for IMAP emails. Any word on when this will be available? After this feature is added, I can stop using the OLD Outlook desktop app.
Thanks
Stephen
Using New Outlook on Windows for professional communication and productivity
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
That is a terrible response..... No IMAP and No Idea of when it will be rolled out in the US.....?
I guess you mean the Mail/Calendar app that comes with WIn10/11? Yes, MS announced that new Outlook is the replacement for it. I'm not sure of the timing of that, but that transition was announced in recent months and is already underway in Insider channels, at least.
BTW, IMAP availability in new Outlook happened for me in the last few days, and it wasn't tied to an update in the client, since the very same version didn't have it days earlier. Microsoft must be enabling it on their side per-account. You just have to wait.
Hello
We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link:Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.
Thank you for understanding.
Sincerely
Khou Sun
Microsoft Community Moderator
Ok, thanks for the link. Sorry about the snarky reply. Not to hijack the thread but the root of my question was mentioned earlier in this thread so that's why I asked the question. Will this installer replace Mail/Calendar? If it doesn't include imap then I presume I could remove it and re-install mail/calendar. I actually use Calendar, mail not as much.
That's another thread, but for simplicity just use the direct link.