IMAP support for NEW Outlook for Windows

Anonymous
2023-08-14T19:07:03+00:00

Hi,

Recently saw that you added support for iCloud accounts but still nothing for IMAP emails. Any word on when this will be available? After this feature is added, I can stop using the OLD Outlook desktop app.

Thanks

Stephen

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-11-30T12:40:06+00:00

    Same here. I lost my previous functioning Outlook for Windows through IMAP and now with the new 2023 version I just cannot get IMAP to work. Also my provider cannot help me. So no Outlook for me at the moment but back to the e-mail solution of my provider Ziggo, which is really not desirable. I want outlook back as part of my paid Microsoft 365 Family subscription.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-11-29T22:22:43+00:00

    Any update on if/when POP IMAP functionality will be added. This is a deal breaker for me and I really don't want to have to switch email platforms but will if I have to. I can get the email to pull now, but now the calendar functionality, which is a total mess.

    Please advise.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-11-23T10:25:22+00:00

    I have the same problem - there is no user name field and the user name is different from the email address

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-11-22T21:29:21+00:00

    If I got you correctly, yes. I first added the information for incoming and outgoing email servers with the user names, passwords, ports and server domains. After that I changed the security level to none and then the button was activated (still keeping the SSL option selected).

    How did you change the username? I can only see the password field. This is not useful if the username and email address are different...

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-11-11T18:19:21+00:00

    I does support imap via importing the config but it does not allow to alter ports, which it got wrong when importing.
    Sumarizing:

    I spent some hours having trouble with that piece of green lemmon

    I missed one important mail sent to the spam folder without no reason by the new outlook

    I guess I will cancel my office365 subscription also because it cost me hours to navigate to the local path for saving and opening recent files misses a lot of them,.

    best regards

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments