IMAP support for NEW Outlook for Windows

Anonymous
2023-08-14T19:07:03+00:00

Hi,

Recently saw that you added support for iCloud accounts but still nothing for IMAP emails. Any word on when this will be available? After this feature is added, I can stop using the OLD Outlook desktop app.

Thanks

Stephen

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-01-31T02:17:52+00:00

    This worked for me as well thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Gérard Oomens 132K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2024-01-18T11:16:52+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-01-18T03:17:10+00:00

    How do I go back to Outlook rather than New Outlook? It is incompatible with a few of my commonly used email accounts. Most obviously the imap, iCloud, and a pop account.

    It does work with my other accounts. However it does not organize as well as the older version of Outlook.

    I am willing to try the new product but find it very limiting now.

    Please give me a solution.

    Bob

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-12-05T15:18:26+00:00

    I am not spreading misinformation. It is a non-functional system. The calendar functionality does not work.

    For email:

    "Automatic supplies are not supported for the account...."

    "Categories are not supported for the account... "

    "Mobile devices are not support for the account..."

    and the calendar does not sync. I have tried for hours and hours. I have also attempted to contact a human at customer support, which is apparently not a service Microsoft provides. The message repeatedly says "thank you for calling, goodbye", and hangs up.

    Regardless, can anyone help? Will this be fixed in the future?

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-12-05T12:25:15+00:00

    To Sun Khou.

    Please learn more about the product you support before giving mis-information in your reply to this question.

    New Outlook does indeed support IMAP now.

    An excellent precis of how to do this is at

    read://https_www.names.co.uk/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.names.co.uk%2Fsupport%2Farticles%2Fnew-outlook-setting-up-imap%2F

    Thank you

    Nigel MSc

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments