IMAP support for NEW Outlook for Windows

Anonymous
2023-08-14T19:07:03+00:00

Hi,

Recently saw that you added support for iCloud accounts but still nothing for IMAP emails. Any word on when this will be available? After this feature is added, I can stop using the OLD Outlook desktop app.

Thanks

Stephen

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-06-07T23:01:09+00:00

    imap works but it just doesent sync like old outlook two ways. If you read messages on desktop they wont appear read on phone. Its a big step down from old outlook.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-04-11T20:43:28+00:00

    Last year I kept trying to use with Imap but to no avail.

    But then about3 months ago I started the old Outlook and it suddenly disappeared off and came back as the new Outlook and with my main IMAP account up and running.

    I still had the return to old Outlook option.

    A few weeks latter I added my other two email accounts in IMAP format and they worked with just needing to give the address and password, all the rest was done automatically.

    Cannot understand why you are all having problems.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-04-11T17:58:23+00:00

    Is there an update on this issue. I have multiple email accounts, one of which is through my ISP, and I'm constantly getting MS messages to update my credentials for the IMAP account. Otherwise, I would be forced to continue to use the existing Mail for Windows, which works flawlessly.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-03-30T19:56:57+00:00

    This is actually embarrassing. We're now being forced to use a mail client that isn't even compatible with accounts for which many of us need it. Yikes. If you're looking to boot users from your products, this is an excellent way to do it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-02-20T01:08:57+00:00

    how is it possible that on old mail app my @tim.it account working very well and here on new outlook app not working ???

    PLEASE FIX IT !!!

    this is a problem about TLS 1.3 / TLS 1.2 i think...

    please developers, here the settings for TIM telecom Italia Mobile:

    https://www.tim.it/assistenza/assistenza-tecnica/mail/configurazione/protocolli-posta https://img.tim.it/sdr/documenti/assistenza/Mobile/parametri-tim-mail.pdf PLEASE !

    AND THANKS !

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments