IMAP support for NEW Outlook for Windows

Anonymous
2023-08-14T19:07:03+00:00

Hi,

Recently saw that you added support for iCloud accounts but still nothing for IMAP emails. Any word on when this will be available? After this feature is added, I can stop using the OLD Outlook desktop app.

Thanks

Stephen

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-01-31T02:51:47+00:00

    why would Ms kill off win mail, a perfectly working product when the new has still so many gaps?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-12-21T16:55:48+00:00

    IMAP support in new Outlook sucks as all other methods offered in New Outlook. MS just wants to synchronize your mail to MS cloud. You do not want this. You do not want all your e-mails sent/received by you favorite IMAP provider, company/private account to be stored in Microsoft. You would need space for the same thing in MS cloud, eventually paying it twice. I have 15 GB of emails in Gmail account. And MS wants me to let them to sync my Gmail to MS cloud? Really? Piss off Microsoft. New Outlook is just an attempt to get money from people and from advertising. You will not get mine. New Outlook is not a mail client, it cannot work in client mode for a handful mail servers. It is just one-purpose MS cloud mail viewer.

    I lost my hopes this ever changes.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-11-08T10:38:10+00:00

    As IMAP is integrated in Outlook (new) by now there is one problem left: If the IMAP configuration for login needs a different account than the e-mail adress, it is not possible to configure this. With SMTP there is an extra field for SMTP-account, but not for IMAP. So extended setup fails.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-06-20T01:19:31+00:00

    hi there,

    I use new outlook for windows to take place of outlook from office 365.

    Lately I added my imap mail address, and it worked just fine at first time.

    Then i found out it can neither import a pst file, nor synconize from mail server automaticly.

    It disturbs me while i cannot get my new mail: it does even not have a "pull/push" button.

    When you develop a function, which i hope, you could make it run well rather than just claim that "we've got this function".

    hope you could fix it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-06-16T17:22:59+00:00

    Just tried to add an IMAP with a hosted domain on SiteGround in Canada putting in the correct advanced settings, as the new Outlook default settings were incorrect.

    It did not work.

    Not sure if it's because of my region, hosting provider, or something else. I remember trying it shortly after new Outlook was release in my region and it didn't work then either. The only reason I tried again is because new Outlook installed an update on my PC and I figured they may have fixed the IMAP feature, which it appears at least for me they haven't done in my case.

    I still use Outlook 2016 despite its bugs and other shortcomings because it still mostly works, and for anything that doesn't I use the web version. I tried to switch to Mail before it was rebranded, but it fell short of IMAP support as well.

    Current version of new Outlook (Mail app replacement)

    You have Microsoft Outlook Version 1.2024.605.100 (Production). Client Version is 20240607002.17.WebView2 Version is 125.0.2535.92.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments