IMAP support for NEW Outlook for Windows

Anonymous
2023-08-14T19:07:03+00:00

Hi,

Recently saw that you added support for iCloud accounts but still nothing for IMAP emails. Any word on when this will be available? After this feature is added, I can stop using the OLD Outlook desktop app.

Thanks

Stephen

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-11-08T20:26:55+00:00

    Thanks so much for this. I have been struggling with exactly the same problem and your solution has worked for me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-11-07T10:01:18+00:00

    I had exactly the same problem as the "Continue" -button was inactive. Changing the security option to "none" activated the button but still kept the SSL as an option. Looks like a clear bug to me. After playing around with the security settings, I was able to add my IMAP account successfully.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-11-02T18:05:50+00:00

    After finally figuring out how to un-gray the continue button by selecting 'none' from the SMTP encryption security box, it still fails to connect to my protonmail IMAP account.

    Best part is that now I can't use the old app which had all my accounts fully functioning and I'm locked into the new one that doesn't work. Even better is that we have two months until its permanent.

    What's up with the constant forced updates that don't work guys? I need my protonmail account for my business, this manipulation and forced usage of your garbage software is unacceptable. Fix it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-10-31T11:45:55+00:00

    Dont know if this will help anyone but what finally worked for me to add more than 1 imap account, when entering the 'advanced' details I selected 'none' for the SMTP security and it finally let me click on 'continue'. Remind me again why I'm paying for this ? :(

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-10-21T04:46:47+00:00

    My issue is when I try to add more EXISTING folders from the IMAP account, I can't find the IMAP folders menu entry.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments