Outlook stuck on synchronizing folders

Anonymous
2023-06-26T16:15:19+00:00

Just installed a new workstation and the user is not receiving emails. At the bottom there's a bar that says 'synchronizing inbox' - I've tried the IMAP settings to unsubscribe from the folders and also tried unchecking the microsoft cloud setting but still nothing. When I click details in send/receive it says 6 minutes remaining but it's been stuck there for 2 hours.

Help!

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-09-09T15:19:45+00:00

    I started having this issue yesterday (9/8/2024). I tried everything that I could think of. I have one personal domain, and 4 gmail accounts. I did this process on the first gmail account, and problem solved! thanks.

    update: new a few hours later and the problem is back again. I made sure to make the changes on every gmail account, but that did not fix the issue. :(

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-09-26T10:42:01+00:00

    Wow! This really helped. These two links also contributed to getting my email straightened out after a new system build.

    All of the syncing of my multiple folders took a couple of days, but at least now things are working. Cleaning out unneeded emails from the folders also helped speed things up a bit.

    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/all/why-does-outlook-365-keep-displaying-synchronizing/d3c1ccc2-f124-4c3b-b16b-8d39f05a21ad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/all/why-does-outlook-365-keep-displaying-synchronizing/d3c1ccc2-f124-4c3b-b16b-8d39f05a21ad

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-10-08T19:55:36+00:00

    Brilliant! This worked. I've been suffering with this issue for months. Thanks for your help, Katherine.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-10-23T19:20:06+00:00

    Hi Ive got exactly the same issue. I;ve done exactly what you've said but when I now click on Send/Receive I get 1 - (email address) Sending, 2 - Checking for new mail in subscribed folders (email address) 3 - (email address) Check for new mail.

    So even though there are no subscribed folders its still checking and after 10 minutes seems to have got nowhere, and no new emails are coming down even though I know there are loads

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-10-23T20:19:14+00:00

    I was able to fix mine after deleting all of Gmail accounts and readding them to Outlook, then (very reluctantly!) deleting my main business domain email account and readding it. This did cause me to lose a few business emails, and have to do some minor cleanup, but all is working now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments