Using Classic Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
seems to have fixed the issue. Let see if it works in the long run
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Just installed a new workstation and the user is not receiving emails. At the bottom there's a bar that says 'synchronizing inbox' - I've tried the IMAP settings to unsubscribe from the folders and also tried unchecking the microsoft cloud setting but still nothing. When I click details in send/receive it says 6 minutes remaining but it's been stuck there for 2 hours.
Help!
Using Classic Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
seems to have fixed the issue. Let see if it works in the long run
When I do this, I get a message "The attempted operation failed. An object could not be found." What does this mean and how do I fix it?
Many thanks worked a treat
thank you very much sir..it saved my clients else he look up some one else to resolve the issue.
Katherine,
Thank you for the direction - finally my Outlook functions again without being stuck synchronizing indefinitely - I wasn't even getting my emails sent or received because of overburdening Outlook!
I have this follow up questions so that I understand the consequences of the changes you suggested I make. Now that the changes are made, does this mean that the folders that were automatically generated by my Gmail account will not be synchronized going forward? I use these folders to organize emails that come from my gmail account, and I had assumed that Outlook was tied up trying to synchronize with Gmail all this time. Now the problem is solved, but I am curious if those folders will stay up to date with the changes made.
Thank you!
Nadia