Outlook stuck on synchronizing folders

Anonymous
2023-06-26T16:15:19+00:00

Just installed a new workstation and the user is not receiving emails. At the bottom there's a bar that says 'synchronizing inbox' - I've tried the IMAP settings to unsubscribe from the folders and also tried unchecking the microsoft cloud setting but still nothing. When I click details in send/receive it says 6 minutes remaining but it's been stuck there for 2 hours.

Help!

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-11-22T16:34:46+00:00

    Thank you!! I was desperate after a recent update totally messed up the syncing. I tried everything I could think of and last night found this thread. It worked!!! Thank you!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-11-09T21:57:19+00:00

    Thank you very much.

    This appears to have helped a lot. The only change I had to make to my config to conform to your instructions was to uncheck "Download complete..." so I could then check "Use the custom..."

    Who'd a thought THAT would slow things down so much, but it did?

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-10-16T07:23:56+00:00

    I find this problem occurs more often with larger mailboxes, e.g. those over 5 gigabytes or so.

    @katherine's advice worked on a 7 gigabyte mailbox.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-10-04T17:05:12+00:00

    I am having the same problem. Unresolved so far.

    I had tried to download the Beta which sems to have triggered the constant synchronizing.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-10-03T13:02:00+00:00

    Having the same issue. So frustrated.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments