Outlook stuck on synchronizing folders

Anonymous
2023-06-26T16:15:19+00:00

Just installed a new workstation and the user is not receiving emails. At the bottom there's a bar that says 'synchronizing inbox' - I've tried the IMAP settings to unsubscribe from the folders and also tried unchecking the microsoft cloud setting but still nothing. When I click details in send/receive it says 6 minutes remaining but it's been stuck there for 2 hours.

Help!

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-03-12T22:02:26+00:00

    Excellent fix, worked for me too. Thanks for the details !

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-02-03T11:55:12+00:00

    I've been trying for YEARS through several versions of Outlook to speed this up. I have a problematic IMAP account with 50K+ messages in the sent mail and 100K+ in a folder. This is the first suggestion that actually worked.

    Thank you!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-02-01T19:15:03+00:00

    Wow, thanks Katherine, I had the same problem and your solution worked perfectly!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-01-06T09:00:06+00:00

    Awesome Katherine. This did the trick. I can't imagine what caused the error but email was not synchronizing on several, but not all, accounts in Outlook. I can only guess that an update upset the works. Thanks heaps.

    Cheers,

    Gwen

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-12-12T00:49:32+00:00

    Many thanks, I managed to get one PC working but the older machine is still stuck on sync subscribed folders.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments