Using Classic Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
When I do this, I get a message "The attempted operation failed. An object could not be found." What does this mean and how do I fix it?
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Just installed a new workstation and the user is not receiving emails. At the bottom there's a bar that says 'synchronizing inbox' - I've tried the IMAP settings to unsubscribe from the folders and also tried unchecking the microsoft cloud setting but still nothing. When I click details in send/receive it says 6 minutes remaining but it's been stuck there for 2 hours.
Help!
Using Classic Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
When I do this, I get a message "The attempted operation failed. An object could not be found." What does this mean and how do I fix it?
seems to have fixed the issue. Let see if it works in the long run
This still did not work. I already had all those settings selected. I am running classic Outlook (not "new" Outlook) on a PC. This mailbox has very limited contents - I created another mailbox that has all my saved items, and that one does not receive or send. So the one that hangs has only about 100 newer emails, plus my Sent Items folder, which is at 132 MB right now. I empty the Trash folder every few days and there is nothing in the rest of the folders.
The hang on Synchronizing Inbox problem occurs intermittently. I can still receive email as webmail on my Comcast account as well as on my iPhone native email app. Sometimes I can clear it by using CTRL-ALT-DEL and the End Task function, but even that is not working now. Any suggestions welcome. Thank you.
That didn't work. It just started doing this yesterday. I tried your fix and now it is hung up on the "Synchronizing" and "Check inbox for new mail."
Help, please.
How do I run a send & receive test?