Outlook stuck on synchronizing folders

Anonymous
2023-06-26T16:15:19+00:00

Just installed a new workstation and the user is not receiving emails. At the bottom there's a bar that says 'synchronizing inbox' - I've tried the IMAP settings to unsubscribe from the folders and also tried unchecking the microsoft cloud setting but still nothing. When I click details in send/receive it says 6 minutes remaining but it's been stuck there for 2 hours.

Help!

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-08-03T19:00:49+00:00

    Thank you very much. Your solution worked for me. CHEERS.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-07-19T03:41:56+00:00

    Didn't work for me

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-07-11T16:51:36+00:00

    Katherine,

    Thank you for the direction - finally my Outlook functions again without being stuck synchronizing indefinitely - I wasn't even getting my emails sent or received because of overburdening Outlook!

    I have this follow up questions so that I understand the consequences of the changes you suggested I make. Now that the changes are made, does this mean that the folders that were automatically generated by my Gmail account will not be synchronized going forward? I use these folders to organize emails that come from my gmail account, and I had assumed that Outlook was tied up trying to synchronize with Gmail all this time. Now the problem is solved, but I am curious if those folders will stay up to date with the changes made.

    Thank you!

    Nadia

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-06-25T10:22:45+00:00

    thank you very much sir..it saved my clients else he look up some one else to resolve the issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-06-24T16:53:56+00:00

    Many thanks worked a treat

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments