Outlook stuck on synchronizing folders

Anonymous
2023-06-26T16:15:19+00:00

Just installed a new workstation and the user is not receiving emails. At the bottom there's a bar that says 'synchronizing inbox' - I've tried the IMAP settings to unsubscribe from the folders and also tried unchecking the microsoft cloud setting but still nothing. When I click details in send/receive it says 6 minutes remaining but it's been stuck there for 2 hours.

Help!

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-09-26T10:42:01+00:00

    Wow! This really helped. These two links also contributed to getting my email straightened out after a new system build.

    All of the syncing of my multiple folders took a couple of days, but at least now things are working. Cleaning out unneeded emails from the folders also helped speed things up a bit.

    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/all/why-does-outlook-365-keep-displaying-synchronizing/d3c1ccc2-f124-4c3b-b16b-8d39f05a21ad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/all/why-does-outlook-365-keep-displaying-synchronizing/d3c1ccc2-f124-4c3b-b16b-8d39f05a21ad

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-09-09T15:19:45+00:00

    I started having this issue yesterday (9/8/2024). I tried everything that I could think of. I have one personal domain, and 4 gmail accounts. I did this process on the first gmail account, and problem solved! thanks.

    update: new a few hours later and the problem is back again. I made sure to make the changes on every gmail account, but that did not fix the issue. :(

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-08-19T07:21:50+00:00

    Hi, i tried all you suggested but still same problem, cant synchronize the inbox

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-08-07T13:27:32+00:00

    Worked for me, thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-08-07T13:26:03+00:00

    Thanks, worked like a charm.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments