Outlook stuck on synchronizing folders

Anonymous
2023-06-26T16:15:19+00:00

Just installed a new workstation and the user is not receiving emails. At the bottom there's a bar that says 'synchronizing inbox' - I've tried the IMAP settings to unsubscribe from the folders and also tried unchecking the microsoft cloud setting but still nothing. When I click details in send/receive it says 6 minutes remaining but it's been stuck there for 2 hours.

Help!

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-01-22T13:02:35+00:00

    Thanks, when I did what you said, it worked the first time, but it didn't take long for it to revert back to its original state, it kept showing up in sync and lasted for more than half an hour

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-10-27T19:31:16+00:00

    It's more than a year after this post above, and I'm having this same issue for a while now on my new computer. I tried the steps outlined above, and all the settings were already set as suggested. The status bar at the bottom still says "Synchronizing inbox" and I can't seem to get beyond this point.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-10-23T20:19:14+00:00

    I was able to fix mine after deleting all of Gmail accounts and readding them to Outlook, then (very reluctantly!) deleting my main business domain email account and readding it. This did cause me to lose a few business emails, and have to do some minor cleanup, but all is working now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-10-23T19:20:06+00:00

    Hi Ive got exactly the same issue. I;ve done exactly what you've said but when I now click on Send/Receive I get 1 - (email address) Sending, 2 - Checking for new mail in subscribed folders (email address) 3 - (email address) Check for new mail.

    So even though there are no subscribed folders its still checking and after 10 minutes seems to have got nowhere, and no new emails are coming down even though I know there are loads

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-10-08T19:55:36+00:00

    Brilliant! This worked. I've been suffering with this issue for months. Thanks for your help, Katherine.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments