Outlook for Mac not showing attachments in preview pane

Anonymous
2022-10-11T06:37:17+00:00

Hi.

I am using Macbook with MacOS Big Sur (11.2.3) and ran into a problem with Outlook, out of nowhere. I can't see attachments in any of my emails even though I can see the paperclip icon that indicates that the email has an attachment.

I've tried any tips I could find but nothing can solve the problem. This problem only occurs in the application version while the web version runs smoothly.

Outlook | MacOS | Legacy Outlook for Mac | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-06-05T13:49:25+00:00

    Thank you!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-06-20T09:30:45+00:00

    This issue is causing complications in my company for a long time. The suggested fix doesn not work. I just can't recommend to use the new Outlook.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-07-13T12:57:16+00:00

    I'm in a K-12 School District and we've been having the same issue all year (since moving to O365 from on prem). Super frustrating, especially since Outlook seems to randomly "default" to the New Outlook upon launch. We sent out communications to our users instructing them to revert to legacy outlook, or use webmail. There aren't any issues with attachments after doing that.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-07-13T20:35:45+00:00

    Wanna know something interesting? If you take a screen cap of the Reading settings pane, view it in QuickLook, select the text, and paste it into an editor, you get this:

    Reading
    Show All
    Message list:
    Show message preview
    Show sender image
    Show event RSVP
    Show group headers
    Focused Inbox:
    Conversations:
    Sort Messages into Focused and Other
    Show email grouped by conversation
    Automatically expand a conversation when selected
    Left swipe:
    Right swipe:
    Archive
    Mark mail as read:
    When viewed in the reading pane for these seconds:
    When selection changes
    Only when opened in a separate window
    ownload external images: Automatically
    Quick Actions:
    I Delete
    ~ Pin
    A Move
    G Archive
    & Mark as Read or Unread
    O attachme
    2
    Flag
    O Snooze

    What's that in the fourth row from the bottom? "attachme"

    It's like a vestigial setting. Suppose, MS, you make it less vestigial and more visible. More useful. thanks, h

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-08-23T03:49:23+00:00

    This is actually the best solution!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments