Outlook for Mac not showing attachments in preview pane

Anonymous
2022-10-11T06:37:17+00:00

Hi.

I am using Macbook with MacOS Big Sur (11.2.3) and ran into a problem with Outlook, out of nowhere. I can't see attachments in any of my emails even though I can see the paperclip icon that indicates that the email has an attachment.

I've tried any tips I could find but nothing can solve the problem. This problem only occurs in the application version while the web version runs smoothly.

Outlook | MacOS | Legacy Outlook for Mac | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-02-05T21:42:26+00:00

    From the thread and the fix I just found, the issues seems related to outlook updates not working with some older OSX system versions.

    I was running BigSur 11.2.3 when I upgraded to outlook version 16.69, which caused the issue with attachments. None of the beta versions solved it (currently on 16.71), but after I upgraded to BigSur 11.7, I can see attachments again. Yay!

    So, I might suggest making sure you have the most current versions of whatever OSX you are running.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-02-08T00:01:25+00:00

    Thanks this one works for me too, the others did not :(

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-02-08T19:07:44+00:00

    I had the same problem, and the only thing that worked is switching my outlook to the old one.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-02-08T20:11:59+00:00

    Are you running the most recent version of the MacOS that you are using? If not, try that.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-02-11T01:07:05+00:00

    This is exactly what's happening to me! Neither myself nor the college's IT desk could figure out what's happening...DId you ever find a solution?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments