Outlook for Mac not showing attachments in preview pane

Anonymous
2022-10-11T06:37:17+00:00

Hi.

I am using Macbook with MacOS Big Sur (11.2.3) and ran into a problem with Outlook, out of nowhere. I can't see attachments in any of my emails even though I can see the paperclip icon that indicates that the email has an attachment.

I've tried any tips I could find but nothing can solve the problem. This problem only occurs in the application version while the web version runs smoothly.

Outlook | MacOS | Legacy Outlook for Mac | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-02-16T21:47:13+00:00
    • I am having the same issue. I am running Big Sur 11.2.2 and Outlook for Mac 16.70.
    • I can see attachments that I upload to emails I create.
    • I can see the paperclip on emails that are sent to me that have attachments, BUT I can't see the actual attachments when I click on the email.
    • My current work around is to forward the email that I have received from someone else, then I can see the attachments in the draft email outlook creates and download them from there.
    • My machine is really stable and I don't want to upgrade my OS, but looks like I may have to do that.
    • Running a Early 2015 MacBook Pro 13-inch with Intel Core i7

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-02-16T01:49:37+00:00

    I am having the same issue, and yet to find a solution. I'm currently having to work using the browser app which is annoying.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-02-11T01:07:05+00:00

    This is exactly what's happening to me! Neither myself nor the college's IT desk could figure out what's happening...DId you ever find a solution?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-02-08T20:11:59+00:00

    Are you running the most recent version of the MacOS that you are using? If not, try that.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-02-08T19:07:44+00:00

    I had the same problem, and the only thing that worked is switching my outlook to the old one.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments