Outlook for Mac not showing attachments in preview pane

Anonymous
2022-10-11T06:37:17+00:00

Hi.

I am using Macbook with MacOS Big Sur (11.2.3) and ran into a problem with Outlook, out of nowhere. I can't see attachments in any of my emails even though I can see the paperclip icon that indicates that the email has an attachment.

I've tried any tips I could find but nothing can solve the problem. This problem only occurs in the application version while the web version runs smoothly.

Outlook | MacOS | Legacy Outlook for Mac | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-10-25T16:49:51+00:00

    I have the same issue, tried all of the above solution, nothing works.

    I have a button to return to the old version of outlook for Mac, and that is the only solution for me that works and than I get to see the attachments again. But it has a very outdated layout, I miss the new features.. It's disappointing..

    It all happened after an update recently of Outlook for Mac, I have another MacBook where I now refuse to do the update and therefore I can still see the attachments.

    Please help me out, it drives me crazy and I can't work efficiently like this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    50+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-10-11T08:41:27+00:00

    Dear Paulina Gracianna,

    Good day! Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community. We are happy to help you!

    Given that you mentioned that your problem only happens in the Outlook client, then the first thing you have to do is to check if Mac Outlook has been updated to the latest version, which can handle more emails and their large size attachments more efficiently. You can see this document: Attachments missing from emails when using macOS Big Sur

    Also please try to reset your account to check the result: you need to quickly remove your account from Mac Outlook and then add it again. Follow the steps below to reset your account. First, open "Outlook" and go to the "Tools" option> now, select the account from the tool options> select the account you want to remove from the account settings> click the delete button and confirm that you have chosen to delete the account > delete the account, launch Outlook again and add the same account details to reset it.

    In addition please kindly try following to check the result:

    1. Quit Outlook for Mac.
    2. Locate the following files:"~/Library/Containers/com.microsoft.Outlook/Data/Library/Preferences”
    3. Move these. plist files to Trash, but do not empty Trash and delete the files.
    4. Re-open Outlook, check whether the issue is resolved. If yes, you can delete the files mentioned above in Trash. Otherwise, please put the deleted files back to the old location.

    Besides if none of the above worked, then please try Create a new profile

    If none of the above methods work for you, then please let me know and please give me feedback on the results of your attempts at the above methods so that I can do more research, and I will be happy to continue to help you!

    Thanks in advance for your understanding! Your patience and cooperation will be highly appreciated. Hope you all the best!

    Sincerely,

    Kerry Chen | Microsoft Community Moderator

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments