Outlook for Mac not showing attachments in preview pane

Anonymous
2022-10-11T06:37:17+00:00

Hi.

I am using Macbook with MacOS Big Sur (11.2.3) and ran into a problem with Outlook, out of nowhere. I can't see attachments in any of my emails even though I can see the paperclip icon that indicates that the email has an attachment.

I've tried any tips I could find but nothing can solve the problem. This problem only occurs in the application version while the web version runs smoothly.

Outlook | MacOS | Legacy Outlook for Mac | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-06-20T09:30:45+00:00

    This issue is causing complications in my company for a long time. The suggested fix doesn not work. I just can't recommend to use the new Outlook.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-05-25T00:10:00+00:00

    Thank you for noticing this! This will be my workaround until a hopeful future update fixes this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-05-22T17:07:04+00:00

    I found a workaround where if I push “fwd" on the email, the attachment will show so I can at least open it. Not sure if that helps... but thought I would pass along!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-02-05T19:59:54+00:00

    Was this issue resolved? I am still looking for a solution...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-01-25T20:56:25+00:00

    A user in my company had the same issue back in October of 2022. One of the solutions at that time was to upgrade the OS to Monterey.

    The problem mysteriously disappeared a short time later.

    Now it's back again, same user.

    Assuming upgrading to Monterey will fix the issue. Problem there is, it takes quite a bit of time to download and install.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments